Seven Wonders of Ukraine - are seven historical and cultural monuments of Ukraine, which won recognition of the Ukrainians for its beauty and cultural value. These cultural sites are truly interesting for not only the inhabitants of Ukraine, but also for the mass of foreign tourists visiting annually the territory of our country.
There were selected about a thousand objects to participate in the All-Ukrainian competition of “Seven Wonders of Ukraine”. “Seven Wonders of Ukraine” were chosen through Internet voting, which was attended by 77 thousand people. In addition to web voting there were used the ranks by the Expert Council of the hundred representatives: culture experts, historians and experts of tourist business.
The most important historical and cultural sites in Ukraine have become the winners of the poll.
1. The fortress in Kamenets-Podolski has legally occupied the leading place in world history of defensive architecture
2. Kiev-Pechersk Lavra - orthodox shrine of world importance
3. Saint Sophia Cathedral in Kiev
4. National Dendrological Park Sofievka - the monument of the world landscape gardening art of XVIII-XIX centuries
5. The ancient Greek city-colony Chersonesos (Khersones)
6. Khortytsia Island - the historical value of the Ukrainian people, the center of the Ukrainian Cossacks
7. Khotyn fortress - Medieval fortress with a rich history.
Ukraine has not only a rich cultural-historical heritage, but also the noteworthy natural resources. Therefore in 2008 through the ballot box there were also identified and named "Seven Natural Wonders of Ukraine".
6. Lake Svityaz - the largest and the deepest lake of natural origin in Ukraine
Ukraine skillfully brought together the beautiful and cultural heritage and magnificent, by nature created wealth, which will be admired by travelers, who will visit this hospitable land.