Entrance or departure of foreigners to (from) Ukraine is regulated by Ukrainian Laws:
“Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons” dated February 4, 1994,
“The Entrance, Departure and Transit Regulations for Foreigners” approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, 29 December 1995 № 1074,
“Rules of Visa Documents Registration For entrance to Ukraine and Transit”, approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from June 1, 2011 № 567.
Foreigners who enter (leave) Ukraine must pass check points on frontier and present their national passport and the visa (if other order of entrance is not established by the legislation of Ukraine). (Appendix 3).
According to the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from June, 5, 2000 #910 the foreigners and the stateless persons who permanently reside in Ukraine, stay in Ukraine with the purpose of employment, or study in higher educational establishments of Ukraine may go abroad in accordance with their passport documents with the appropriate marks and residence permits.
B - Transit visa: authorizing a stay not exceeding 5 days.
C - Short-term visa: (Duration of stay does not exceed 90 days during a 180-day period after the date of first entry).
D - Long-term visa: (Authorizing a stay exceeding 90 days).
To issue a transit visa ("B") one of the following documents is required:
- A document proving the transit nature of the trip (visa to the third country (if necessary), ticket, etc.);
- A document proving the transit nature of cargo and passengers trucking;
- License for international transportations issued by the competent authority of the host country.
To issue a short-term visa ("C") one of the following documents is required:
- The invitation of the sample person or entity authorizing the territorial authority or subdivision of the State Migration Service;
- Invitation of the Ministry, other central executive authorities, state institutions, enterprises or organizations;
- A document certifying the family relationship with a citizen of Ukraine, a foreigner or a stateless person who has a permission for temporary or permanent residence in Ukraine, including marriage or birth certificate;
- A certificate of foreign Ukrainian or his personal application with the results of interviews with representatives of the diplomatic mission or consular post of Ukraine and the documents confirming the Ukrainian ethnic origin or a foreigner’s or a stateless person’s descent from Ukraine of; in case of joint entry or stay on the territory of Ukraine a foreign Ukrainian family submits an application and a document confirming the family relationship;
- Document proving the tourist nature of the trip according to the Law of Ukraine "About Tourism";
- Invitation to medical institutions in Ukraine;
- A document confirming that the person is a co-founder of the joint venture or a representative of the company (companies, associations, etc.) and enters Ukraine to monitor the performance of contracts;
- Confirmation of the Commission on Humanitarian Aid of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on entry of a foreigner or stateless person to provide humanitarian aid or charity proceedings;
- Invitation to a religious organization, registered in accordance with established procedure, certified by the Ministry of Culture, for a short stay in Ukraine in religious matters;
- Request the head of the foreign media for a visa a foreign correspondent or representatives of foreign mass media, which enters Ukraine for a short stay in order to fulfill their duties;
- Treatment of public authorities of foreign states or international organizations.
Not required for processing at the invitation of the embassy or consular office of Ukraine abroad, short-term visas to citizens of the Republic of Guatemala, Malaysia, the United Mexican States, Republic of Panama, Republic of Singapore, Turkey and the Republic of Croatia.
To issue a long-term visa ("D") one of the following documents is required:
- Certified in accordance with established procedure, copy of employment permit for foreigners or stateless persons, issued by the State Employment Center or by the Employment Centre of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Keiv and Sevastopol city employment center;
- A copy of immigration permit, issued by the territorial authority or subdivision of the State Migration Service;
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs permission for issuing visa to family members of persons granted refugee status in Ukraine;
- Original invitation for studying and for the period from August 15 until November 15 - lists, submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by Ukrainian State Centre of International Education (in a case if a foreigner or stateless person data is available in such lists), in other terms - the request of the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports about provide visa support;
- Invitation of a state institution, enterprise or organization that is the recipient of international technical assistance project;
- Invitation to a religious organization for working, registered in accordance with established procedure, certified by the Ministry of Culture;
- Invitation of a branch office, representative or other structural cell of the public (not governmental) organization of foreign countries, registered in accordance with established procedure;
- Invitation of a foreign economic organization, registered in accordance with established procedure; the invitation that is certified by the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade;
- A foreign bank branch or its representative office invitation, registered in accordance with established procedure, certified by the National Bank;
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs proof of passport registration in Ukraine of a foreign correspondent or a media representative and members of his family;
- A document confirming the purpose of the trip, issued by European Championship 2012 organization body in Ukraine according to the Law of Ukraine "Organization and holding of European Championship 2012 finals in Ukraine";
- The authorities of foreign states or international organizations request to adjust visa for members of diplomatic representatives and consular offices, international organizations and their representatives, for who enter Ukraine for permanent residence in order to fulfill their official duties and for members of their families;
- Other documents, if it is provided by international treaties of Ukraine.
If necessary, an employee of the diplomatic mission or consular office of Ukraine may request additional documents that specify a foreigner’s or a stateless person’s aim of a trip, and invite a foreigner or a stateless person who submits an application for a visa for an additional interview.
In case of visa denial
In case of visa denial foreigners and stateless persons are reported about reasons for the refusal in writing.
A foreigner or a stateless person who are denied a visa, are entitled to appeal this decision by contacting the heads of diplomatic missions or consular office and to submit an application for reconsideration of visa issuing. An appeal letter can be filed by foreigners and persons without citizenship during two months after visa denial.
In case of loosing his (her) national passport on the territory of Ukraine the foreigner must inform about this his (her) organization and the law-enforcement bodies which will issue the certificate of loss at his (her) request. After foreigner's receiving the national passport on the basis of his (her) personal application and the application of his (her) organization in the embassy or consular establishment of his (her) country the law-enforcement body solves the question of issuing visa for departing from Ukraine or registration of the national passport of the foreigner.
Period of registration on the territory of Ukraine may be extended in territorial bodies or State Migration Service departments in accordance with established procedure, prescribed by the MIA order "Consideration order of applications for the extension of stay in Ukraine for foreigners and stateless persons approval." August 23, 2011 № 601.
Registration of foreigner’s or stateless person’s certificates for temporary or permanent residence is held by regional bodies or State Migration Service departments in accordance with established procedure (Appendix 2).
Single visit visa for 15 days to enter Ukraine can also be executed at the airport "Borispol", "Odessa", "Simferopol" and Odessa Commercial Sea Port for foreigners and stateless persons who failed to issue a visa in advance in Embassy of Ukraine or consular office, and have good reason to enter Ukraine immediately, namely:
1) With a diplomatic or official purposes at the request of state bodies of Ukraine;
2) For emergency response in Ukraine at the request of the Ministry of Emergency Situations;
3) For urgent medical treatment or participation in the funeral of a close relative, confirmed by relevant documents;
4) In case of necessary transit through the territory of Ukraine of foreign ships crewmen engaged in Ukrainian ports, in the presence of the crew extracts.
Single visit visa for 15 days for citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, the Republic of Mauritius, the Republic of El Salvador, Republic of Seychelles and the Republic of Turkey for tourism can be issued at the airport "Borispol", "Odessa", "Simferopol" and Odessa Commercial Sea Port in the presence of documents proving the tourist nature of the trip.
In Ukraine Consular Service Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issue visas for foreign journalists, representatives of foreign media and members of their families staying in Ukraine - for the period of registration of passport documents, but not more than three years.
translated by: ua-traveling.com