Dazzling Italy draws travelers keen on exploring her stunning scenery, unique culture, and gastronomical delights. The best part of traveling to Italy is sampling all the different Italian foods. Every region of Italy has its cuisine and local specialties, which you can try everywhere. The hardest part about dining in Italy is deciding which dish to choose out of the many delicious offerings on the menu. Italy is home to some of the most celebrated cuisines in the world. However, for those experiencing authentic Italian food for the first time. the menu may be incredible.
Here is a list of some of the best dish you should sample whenever you travel to Italy.
1. Cacio E Pepe – Apasta dish particularly unique to Rome. This pasta dish is very simple but mouthwatering. Its ingredients are pasta, cheese, and grated black pepper. Rome is also known for its Jewish neighborhood that offers amazing fried artichokes.
2. Pizza – While pizza is delicious everywhere in Italy, nowhere takes it more seriously than its birthplace Napoli. Real Napoli pizza has some telling characteristics that should be looked for when choosing a slice. A true pie is cooked in a wood fire oven and will have a speckled crust created by the darker areas where bubbles have popped. The center is usually soupy from sauce and juices. Pick from one of the many amazing pizzerias sprinkled throughout the historic city center and started with the classic Margherita then work way through the selections.
3. Gelato – There is no shortage of gelaterias in Italy or flavors for that matter. In a cone or a cup, experience the true bliss of gelato. There are differences between gelato and ice cream. Gelato contains less fat but is denser and seems creamier because it is churned at a lower speed. Try eating a different flavor of gelato at a different gelateria once a day every day. You will find the regular flavors like chocolate and vanilla as well as some oddities such as licorice, apricot, and rice.
4. Tiramisu – Like Gelato, Tiramisu comes in all sizes and styles. Most are the traditional alternating layers of cake and cream, but some restaurants create the tiramisu in ice cream glasses, which feature build layers of cream and one this layer of cake.
5. Coffee – Make your way down to one of the cozy cafes lining the street, and order yourself an aromatic cup if caffe. Do not expect to be served the usual Americano, for the default cup of coffee in Italy is a shot of espresso. Solid and rich, the Italian espresso packs a punch and will provide you with a much-needed jolt of energy.
6. Pasta – One should not miss out on feasting on pasta, the Italian staple dish during their vacation. Be sure to try the regional specialties in the cites that you are visiting. If you are exploring beautiful Rome, order a serving of the pasta ala carbonara, prepared with ingredients such as eggs, Pecorino cheese, guanciale, and black pepper. It’ll have you hooked and disappointed at the American version.
7.Risotto – Risotto is found in many cities, but a must-try, the favorite dish in Venice. Seafood and mushroom risotto is a Venetian specialty. Look out for seasonal dishes such as spring or summer risotto, which adds in various herbs and seasonal veggies like asparagus