When thinking of a tropical paradise, many people imagine various places, but the Philippines offer a fantastic alternative. The Philippines is an archipelago made up of about 7,100 islands. This archipelago country is located in Southeast Asia. In Asia, it is also one of the leading countries that get visited yearly by tourists and here are the top ten places that they love to visit again. The beautiful nature, the serenity, and the clean beaches have all increased the popularity of the archipelago
There are many things to see and do while you are visiting the Philippines, but the following are top 10 attractions you must see:
1. Intramuros – This walled “city” is located in Manila. It served as a walled settlement of the Spaniards during their occupation of the country and, as such, has its museums as well as churches and beautiful ruins. Today, this well-preserved Intramuros is one of the visited places in the Philippines.
2. Rizal Park – Also called Luneta, this is an excellent place if you want a leisurely walk. This park is dedicated to the philippines national hero, Jose Rizal, who was not only a poet but a magnificent writer during the Spanish era, and this was also the place where he was executed. Now, this is a favorite place for picinics.
3. Baywalk – This is a walking distance from Rizal Park. You can find here numerous restaurants and bars offering excellent foods and drinks. It is also a nice place to stroll along as well as listen to the man bands that play at night.
4. Mount Pinatubo – This majestic volcano that wreaked havoc in the lives of Filipinos during the early 1990s is located in Pampanga. Here, you can take guided hikes on some parts of its slope. You can also adopt a refreshing dip in Pinatubo’s crater lake.
5. Siargao Islands – Surfers, have indeed heard about Siargao Island since it is considered the number one surfing spot of the Philippines. Cloud Nine is incredibly popular among surfers and as much as such, it is always crowded and noisy. Siargao Island, however, does have some secluded, peaceful beaches where you will get to enjoy nature to the fullest.
6. Panglao Islands – The best Bohol attractions for most visitors are the pristine, white-sand beaches. The most famous is Alona Beach, an 800 meter stretch of powdery white sand, is located in the south of Panglao Islands.
7. Boracay – Boracay Island is located in the Visayas Region. These beautiful island offers are its majestic white sand beaches. It is a popular tourist destination of not only the locals but eh foreigners as well, and there are a lot of activities here as the usual water sports as well as trendy bars and discos during summertime.
8. Mount Apo – This magnificent mountain can be found in Davao. Here, you can go to nature tripping as well as hiking. You will also see here the Philippines Eagle, which is said to be one of the biggest eagles in the world.
9. Mayon Volcano – This wonderful and perfectly cone-shaped volcano can be found in Bicol. What makes this an important tourist spot is that you will find here the bell tower of an old church that was buried when it erupted during the early 1800s, and also, with that major eruption, it occupied the Cagsawa town. Now, this is a must-see when you visit the Philippines, and you can also buy your souvenirs here as well as the famous pili nut candy.
10. Camarines Sur Water Sports Complex – Located in Pili, Camarines Sur in Bicol, this is fast becoming a must-visit place whenever you visit the Philippines. If you love cable wakeboarding, then this is the place to be as it boasts of an unusual cable wakeboarding experience as well as modern amenities. You can also find quaint cabanas where you can spend your summer or vacation, plus, the services here are excellent.