Thinking of a romantic getaway with your partner or that someone special? When you want to find an exotic location for your next getaway, you want to choose a place that has everything you need. The best choice in this is an all-inclusive resort where you have amenities exceptional at your fingertips. Sometimes, the only way to unwind after a long week is to get the heck out of the town. But it can be daunting to decide where to dedicate your money when you only have a few days time. Below is a list of the best ten destinations for romantic getaways.
1. Virgin Islands – This is an excellent area for a beach vacation
for a couple. The Virgin Islands has been a popular vacation spot for many years, offering couples the chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and just spend some well deserved and needed time together.
2. Hershey – If you are travelling before or during the Christmas season, consider Hershey, Pennsylvania as your destination. The home of Hershey’s candy, Hershey Park becomes home to Christmas Candyland, where over one million Christmas lights are put on display. Christmas Candy; and typically runs for a month before Christmas
3. Sweden – Located in the small riverside village of Jukkasjarvi,
Sweden, Sweden’s Ice Hotel is famous worldwide for great winter vacations. The hotel is created each winter out of 10,000 tons of ice from the nearby river and 30,000 tons of snow. The hotel features the famous Absolut Ice bar, a winter Favourite for the crowd.
4. Florida – One of the most frequented states in the US by vacations each year. Walt Disney World offers discounted rates during specific periods od the winter months, considered the theme park’s off-season. Not only will the parks and restaurants be less crowded than during summer or a school vacation week, but you will be able to enjoy the beautiful Florida weather during your stay.
5. Caribbean – Why not take a cruise during the winter months? Like Florida, a Caribbean cruise offer s change of pace from the snowy, cold winter months that you may be used to. Winter is typically a perfect time for a cruise because the weather in the Caribbean has calmed down. Summer is hurricane season, spelling trouble for cruises but winter is perfect for calm seas and a relaxing cruise.
6. Mont Tremblant – Located in the spectacular Laurentian Mountains of the Canadian province of Quebec, Mont Tremblant offers its visitors over 600 acres of land for skiing and snowboarding. Perhaps the best choice if you are looking to take on the slopes, keep in mind that the US dollar is worth more in Canada and can go further than it would on a vacation in the United States.
7. Alaska – If you are travelling with children, Alaska may be the perfect vacation choice for you. Offering everything from dog sledging, one of Alaska’s most popular sports, to viewing the Northern Lights. Alaska is one of the best winter vacation destinations. Although it is notorious for its cold, wintry weather, Alaska also holds some entertainment options that are likely to keep the whole family busy.
8. Baja Peninsula – The southern end of the Baja Peninsula in Mexico is a top destination for golfing, fishing or family getaway at Loa Cabos. This is one destination that has something to interest every member of the family. From January to March, you can see the whales frolicking in the water off the coast.
9. Myrtle Beach – Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is another location for a getaway that has something for every visitor. You just have to sample the seafood cuisine, whether it is a family vacation or you want a romantic candlelight dinner for two. If romance is the theme of your getaway, take a sunset cruise or just stroll along the beach, play beach sports or simply lie back and relax.
10. Sedona’s dazzling red rocks – These rocks are sure to impress even the most jaded traveller. Adventurous visitors savour the 100-plus hiking trails that grant spectacular views. Less active travellers can take in the vistas from the Chapel of the Holy Cross or go art shopping at Tlaquepaque